There is a new European standard for the safety requirements and test methods for children’s sleep bags for use in a cot. This was published 24th August 2018.By Bureau Veritas Technical Services 3 minute read
The age has been specified more clearly as 0-24 months whereas previously it was over six months.
• A number of stipulations aligned with CEN/TR 16792 have been added with regards to mechanical hazards and design features. Reference is also made to BS EN 14682
• Neck opening to be measured under tension by new method with three age groups not two as guidelines.
• The use of chemical flame retardants is not recommended
Thermal Hazards (hypothermia and hyperthermia)
• The test method has been changed and the maximum allowed tog is 4.5
• Raised fabric tested for surface flash according to EN 1103
• Due to the increased use of down and recycled fibres, all fillings to be hygienic and tested to prove
• Clearer more detailed instructions to be given to the consumer
Please refer to the actual standard for the full and detailed requirements.
For the best experience, please download one of our supported browsers:Ã¦Ë†â€˜Ã¤Â»Â¬Ã¦Â£â‚¬Ã¦Âµâ€¹Ã¥Ë†Â°Ã¦â€šÂ¨Ã¥Â½â€œÃ¥â€°ï¿½Ã¦â€°â‚¬Ã¤Â½Â¿Ã§â€�Â¨Ã§Å¡â€žÃ¦Âµï¿½Ã¨Â§Ë†Ã¥â„¢Â¨Ã¤Â¸ï¿½Ã¥ï¿½â€”Ã¦â€�Â¯Ã¦Å’ï¿½Ã£â‚¬â€šÃ¦â€šÂ¨Ã¥ï¿½Â¯Ã¤Â»Â¥Ã§Â»Â§Ã§Â»ÂÃ¦Âµï¿½Ã¨Â§Ë†Ã¨Â¯Â¥Ã¥Â¹Â³Ã¥ï¿½Â°Ã¯Â¼Å’Ã¤Â½â€ Ã¦Å¸ï¿½Ã¤Âºâ€ºÃ§â€°Â¹Ã¥Â¾ï¿½Ã¥â€™Å’Ã¥Å Å¸Ã¨Æ’Â½Ã¥ï¿½Â¯Ã¨Æ’Â½Ã¦â€”Â Ã¦Â³â€¢Ã¦ÂÂ£Ã¥Â¸Â¸Ã¨Â¿ï¿½Ã¨Â¡Å’Ã£â‚¬â€š